Men’s Tennis Team Off To Best Start In Program History
Release Date: 03/01/2013
Clarksville, Ark.-The men’s tennis team moved to 6-0 on the season after topping Centenary College 6-3 Thursday in Shreveport, Louisiana.
The Eagles are off to their best start in program history behind the play of a sophomore dominated team.
Against Centenary (2-3), the Eagles won at No. 2, No. 4, No. 5 and No. 6 singles. In doubles play, Todd Turner and Bishop Bass combined for a 8-4 win. Michael Skimbo and Scott Eibes teamed up for a 8-1 victory.
1. Anthony McMaster (CENT) def. Todd Turner (UO) 6-1, 4-6, 6-2
2. Bishop Bass (UO) def. Garrett Whipple (CENT) 6-3, 5-6, retired
3. Michael Reeks (CENT) def. Corey Dillard (UO) 7-6, 6-7, 14-12
4. Greg Knaggs (UO) def. Jordan Sangalli (CENT) 6-0, 6-3
5. Michael Skimbo (UO) def. Cameron Bueche (CENT) 6-2, 6-0
6. Scott Eibes (UO) def. Zack Provenza (CENT) 8-2
1. Todd Turner/Bishop Bass (UO) def. Michael Reeks/Garrett Whipple (CENT) 8-4
2. Anthony McMaster/Cameron Bueche (CENT) def. Corey Dillard/Greg Knaggs (UO) 8-5
3. Michael Skimbo/Scott Eibes (UO) def. Robbie Ramirez/Zack Provenza (CENT) 8-1
Ozarks will travel to Pineville, Louisiana to face Louisiana College March 1 and then to Clinton, Mississippi to face Mississippi College March 2.
University of the Ozarks Sports Information Office